Friday, December 30, 2016
Monday, December 26, 2016
Building on the award-winning success of previous editions, the Oxford Handbook of Anaesthesia is as relevant and important as ever. Fully revised to follow the latest guidelines, drugs, and procedures, this book ensures readers have the most up-to-date knowledge easily to hand. Now including brand new content on obesity surgery, colloids vs crystalloids, enhanced recovery and intraoperative fluid management, new anticoagulants, BIS updates, pulse contour analysis, and much more.
Whether you are studying, just starting out in practice, or an experienced practitioner in need of a revision tool, this handbook is your essential companion.
Posted by Unknown at 6:41:00 PM
Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Monitoring in Anesthesia and Perioperative Care is a practical and comprehensive resource documenting the current art and science of perioperative patient monitoring, addressing the systems-based practice issues that drive the highly regulated health care industry of the early twenty-first century. Initial chapters cover the history, medicolegal implications, validity of measurement, and education issues relating to monitoring. The core of the book addresses the many monitoring modalities, with the majority of the chapters organized in a systematic fashion to describe technical concepts, parameters monitored, evidence of utility complications, credentialing and monitoring standards, and practice guidelines. Describing each device, technique, and principle of clinical monitoring in an accessible style, Monitoring in Anesthesia and Perioperative Care is full of invaluable advice from the leading experts in the field, making it an essential tool for every anesthesiologist.
Posted by Unknown at 6:20:00 PM
Sunday, December 11, 2016
- Real-world cases cover the most critical anesthetic problems and incorporate questions commonly encountered on the wards, making this text excellent preparation for orals.
- Each chapter begins with a brief case presentation, followed by essential questions on medical disease and differential diagnosis, preoperative evaluation and preparation, intraoperative management, and postoperative management.
- Case discussion sections include updated references for further study and clarification.
- New chapters cover Ventricular Assist Devices, Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy Mechanical Circulatory support and bleeding tonsils.
- Problem-based approach emphasizes critical thinking, collaborative decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Experts from Weill Cornell Medical College- New York Presbyterian Hospital and other renowned institutions contribute their knowledge and expertise to this 8th Edition.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Posted by Unknown at 5:54:00 PM