Saturday, February 17, 2007
Hypoxic Pulmonary Vasoconstriction:: Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms (Developments in Cardiovascular Medicine)
Hypoxic Pulmonary Vasoconstriction: Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms will provide a timely and long lasting guide for investigators in the fields of cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology, pulmonary vascular disease, high-altitude physiology and medicine. In addition, it provides a solid scientific foundation for subsequent applications in clinical practice.
The volume is divided into eight sections:
- Physiology and Pathophysiology of HPV
- Role of Intracellular Ca2+ and Ca2+ sensitivity in HPV
- Role of Ion Channels in HPV
- Role of the Endothelium in HPV
- Mechanisms of Oxygen Sensing in the Pulmonary Vasculature
- Oxygen-Sensing Mechanisms in other Organs and Tissues
- Pathology and Mechanisms of Hypoxia-Induced Pulmonary Hypertension
- Experimental Models for the Study of HPV.
State-of-the-art findings relevant to cellular and molecular processes of hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction as well as knowledge regarding etiological mechanisms and experimental therapeutics are well covered and complete the overview this volume provides.
Author:Jason X.-J. Yuan
Publisher:Springer; 1 edition (April 30, 2004)
Posted by DrWael at 2:45:00 PM