Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Evidence-based Management of Acute Musculoskeletal Pain
This document provides information on the management of acute pain, communication between clinicians and consumers, and the diagnosis, prognosis and interventions for acute low back, thoracic spine, neck, shoulder and anterior knee pain. The document is concerned only with the management of acute episodes of pain (less than 3 months duration) that are no associated with specific diseases and serious conditions.
The work is a joint initiative of the University of Queensland and the Commonwealth Department
of Health and Ageing. The evidence review was undertaken by a multi-disciplinary group.
The following organisations participated in the review and have approved the contents:
• Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists, Faculty of Pain Medicine
• Australian Osteopathic Association
• Australian Rheumatology Association
• Australian Physiotherapy Association
• Chiropractic and Osteopathic College of Australasia
• Chiropractors’ Association of Australia
• Consumers’ Health Forum of Australia
• Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
Author:Australian Acute Musculoskeletal Pain Guidelines Group
Publisher:Australian Academic Press Pty. Ltd.
Posted by DrWael at 12:50:00 AM