Using a quick-reference, encyclopedic format, Anesthesia for Genetic, Metabolic, and Dysmorphic Syndromes of Childhood, 3rd Edition, presents the anesthetic implications of a plethora of distinct syndromes, with up-to-date information, complete and current bibliographies, and more than 140 clinical photographs. You’ll find practical information on common and uncommon manifestations in the major anatomic areas, as well as what you need to know for safe and effective anesthesia of both children and adults.
- Presents each syndrome in an easy-to-follow format: name, synonym(s), and common and uncommon manifestations in each organ system, followed by anesthetic considerations, including which syndromes have no anesthetic implications.
- Lists syndromes and synonyms alphabetically, and cross-references synonyms for quick look-up.
- Incorporates an overview of the pathology and relevant clinical findings for each syndrome, and highlights considerations in perioperative management.
- Features a helpful glossary at the beginning of the book, as well as diagrams that review pertinent biochemical pathways.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use