Anesthesiology delivers a multi-perspective, wide-ranging view of anesthetic drugs, procedures, co-morbid diseases, and need-to-know postoperative pain management strategies. This essential guide not only focuses on general anesthesia, but also is the first to feature a detailed look at the subspecialty of regional anesthesia.
- Top-to-bottom coverage of the entire field--from preoperative evaluation and intraoperative anesthesia care to care of the critically ill or chronic pain patient
- Emphasis on safety, quality, and patient-centered care, with an entire section on risk reduction
- A focus on the clinical applications of anesthesiology
- Complex concepts explained by graphics and illustrations, not equations and formulas
- Full-color format and illustrations
- Specific drug and interventional guidelines for the clinical management of every OR/post-OR scenario in the anesthesiology field
- Key points and key references presented in each chapter