David H. Chestnut MD (Author), Linda S Polley (Author), Cynthia A Wong MD (Author), Lawrence C Tsen MD (Author)
- Emphasizes the treatment of the fetus and the mother as separate patients with distinct needs to ensure the application of modern principles of care.
- Delivers contributions from many leaders in the fields of obstetric anesthesia and maternal-fetal medicine from all over the world.
- Offers abundant figures, tables, and boxes that illustrate the step-by-step management of a full range of clinical scenarios.
- Presents key point summaries in each chapter for quick, convenient reference.
- Features new chapters on Patient Safety and Maternal Mortality to address the latest developments in the field and keep you current.
- Presents completely rewritten chapters on Epidural and Spinal Analgesia and Anesthesia, Anesthesia for Cesarean Section, and Hypertension Disorders, updated by new members of the editorial team-Drs. Linda S. Polley, Lawrence C. Tsen, and Cynthia A. Wong, for state-of-the-art coverage of key topics and new insights.
- Covers all the latest guidelines and protocols for safe and effective practice so you can offer your patients the very best.
- Allows you to access the entire contents of the book online, from any internet connection through Expert Consult.