Jean-Louis Vincent MD PhD (Author), Edward Abraham MD (Author), Patrick Kochanek MD (Author), Frederick A. Moore MD FACS FCCM (Author), Mitchell P. Fink MD (Author)
Textbook of Critical Care, by Drs. Jean-Louis Vincent, Edward Abraham, Frederick A. Moore, Patrick Kochanek, and Mitchell P. Fink, remains your best source on effective management of critically ill patients. This trusted reference - acclaimed for its success in bridging the gap between medical and surgical critical care - now features an even stronger focus on patient outcomes, equipping you with the proven, evidence-based guidance you need to successfully overcome a full range of practice challenges. Inside, you'll find totally updated coverage of vital topics, such as coagulation and apoptosis in certain critical care illnesses, such as acute lung injury and adult respiratory distress syndrome; sepsis and other serious infectious diseases; specific organ dysfunction and failure; and many other vital topics. At www.expertconsult.com you can access the complete contents of the book online, rapidly searchable, with regular updates plus new videos that demonstrate how to perform key critical care procedures. The result is an even more indispensible reference for every ICU.
- Access the complete contents of the book online at www.expertconsult.com, rapidly searchable, and stay current for years to come with regular online updates.
- Practice with confidence by consulting with a "who's who" of global experts on every facet of critical care medicine.
- Implement today's most promising, evidence-based care strategies with an enhanced focus on patient outcomes.
- Effectively apply the latest techniques and approaches with totally updated coverage of the importance of coagulation and apoptosis in certain critical care illnesses, such as acute lung injury and adult respiratory distress syndrome; sepsis and other serious infectious diseases; specific organ dysfunction and failure; and many other vital topics.
- See how to perform key critical care procedures by watching a wealth of new videos online.
- Focus on the practical guidance you need with the aid of a new, more templated format in which basic science content has been integrated within clinical chapters, and all procedural content has been streamlined for online presentation and paired with videos.